The way a goalie moves in the net has changed a lot in the last decade. Earlier, it was more moves side to side and slower in and out (telescoping), which required good stability, trans- lating into a long radius. Now a days, goalies move more up and down, plus at a higher pace. Therefore, they should also be interested in finding the right profile that supports the new technique.
They require mobility, while accelerating from forwards to backwards and vice-versa. Also, stability is needed to perform slap shots and body checks. The modern defensemen has to play a two-way game, which requires a proper profile.
Acceleration, speed, maneuverability, balance, crossover skating, tight turns, and stops are key. The skater’s ability to master all these elements are extremely important, but cer- tain forwards need to play a specific way. So, choose a profile that will optimize each individual skater.
For Beer-League/Recreational Players
Represents an equally important decision on what profile to use. Stability and glide speed are key factors in order to avoid fatigue and injury.
Results & Benefits of Prosharp Profiling
• More powerful strides and better glide
• Higher speeds, less fatigue, and improved two-way play
• Better edge control, agility, and balance
• More flexible skating maneuvers
• Improved shooting from proper balance
• Better crossover skating
• Quicker turns and greater acceleration
• More chances to go on breakaways
• Consistency in a quality sharpening result and profiling
• Overall improved confidence and enjoyment in skating
• Easy to implement radius on a blade with the Prosharp AS 2001-Allpro
• Hands-free after you set the parameters